Thursday, July 2, 2009

I have to be the dumbest or the nicest.. the jury is still out

I have been known to help a few of my friends with kids. I have been the stand-in concession girl for the baseball/soccer games. On occasion, I have also taken care of a few friend's kids for them in a pinch. When I say in a pinch, I would think they would have had to go to every end of the universe before asking me.

This week has been difficult. I have been helping my friend with 3 glorious children. Her live-in housekeeper is ill and in the hospital with women issues. This did not bode well with my friend. You see, her and her husband have this annual regatta and there is no way they can miss it. OK, OK, it's only for 4 nights, I can do this...

Well... I was given a list of things to do, places to drive, activities to prohibit, and food. Each meal was planned out with the most organic ingredients I have ever seen. I was not allowed to take them out to dinner, I had to cook for them. That isn't a big deal except my culinary skills are not to the organic nature.

I reached out to www.thepioneerwoman.com for some help with tonight's ingredients, but I am sure she was overwhelmed with her own stuff, or sick of my recipe rescues request.

Tonight's dinner was suppose to be with organic like chicken parts. I tried, I really did, but I didn't feel comfortable with the time table that was given to me for cooking them. I felt they were not done and I didn't want to keep cooking them. So... off we went to my house for a little dinner surprise. I whipped up something non-organic. I made them Smokey Mountain Chicken and they loved it. I am prepared to tell my friend to kiss both my asses when she returns. Tomorrow night the kids are having Pizza because it's on their list. I am not getting them the veggie pizza, we are going to make our own, so whatever I have is what we will make.

Why do people do this?????

Signed not fit for babysitting organic groceries

Posted by Jersey Girl 46 :: 11:46 PM :: 0 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------