Saturday, April 18, 2009

My knickers are in a twisted bunch...

I am not sure how to post links to newspaper articles, because if I did, I would include the one that has my knickers in a bunch. Today in the St Pete Times a Zephyrhills woman is demanding an apology from the Mayor for an incident at a Publix Grand Opening.

The back story is this, they (Publix Cult) were giving away the green Publix bags to customers for the opening. One per customer. Mrs. Rude Citizen is told there aren't any left and she spots Mr. Mayor, he had two in his hand when Mrs. Rude Citizen interupts his conversation and asks for one of is bags and he won't give it to her. GOOD FOR HIM. Mrs. Rude Citizen goes home and wah wah wah's to her husband who is a contractor for the City and he spouts off an email to the Mayor demanding an apology. (Hope he is ready for early retirement)... Anyway, Mr. Mayor writes personally back he is not apologizing and the second bag was a gift from the store manager to his wife.

Ok, I am not of popular opinion and I know I will get old soon. HOWEVER, I am sick to death of the Elderly or semi-old thinking they are entitled to EVERYTHING because they are OLD. Or because they want it. I am seriously not a fan of older people. I do not want to volunteer to work with them, I feel they have an entitlement fever and should be glad to be breathing. If I am sitting and an elderly person walks up, I immediately get up for the woman or the man if he is having issues, but when they EXPECT it, seriously? NOT.

The older generation talks about how the younger people are today, and I have witnessed first hand how the "older" people treat the young ones, as if they are nothing or nobody, and to me that is unacceptable.

So right on Mayor of Zephryhills or Suffering Hills however you prefer it. I think its high time the old folks come down a peg.

Labels:


Posted by Jersey Girl 46 :: 5:15 PM :: 0 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------