Tuesday, April 7, 2009

An Ode to my Mom...

My Mother use to say, don't ever ask Kym what she is thinking unless you are prepared to listen. Or another great one is, you never have to ask her, she will just tell you... Or my personal favorite, it's never dull with her around.

Yeah yeah yeah... I am a regular joke a minute. I like to laugh and to make people laugh. I find humor is the best medicine. When I was suffering from Corporate Ulcer Syndrome, I found I had no chuckle left in me. I knew I was sick and needed help. My Mom wasn't around for me to practice my schtick on, or to even laugh or yuck it up with. Not many get my sense of humor and to say it's an acquired taste is putting it mildly. I don't go for racial or ethnic things, but I am quite the weirdo about humor.

So today being full of piss and vinegar (and not apple cider vinegar) I decided to yuck it up on my dog walk. I was enjoying the windy breeze as Riley and Ruby decided I needed to be walked... As I got down my lonesome street, I ran into a couple of other dog walkers. I had no idea there were "professional" dog walkers. My girls have gone to doggy daycare and I have had a sitter in to take care of them, but I never knew you could have a daily walker. Well, when they spotted me they asked are you a dog walker? I said Yep, full blown doing it for the money, walking the starch right out of them... They were puzzled and dismayed and said, well are you new here? I said nope, been here about 11 years. They were a little disjointed by my presence, I could tell these were the "girls" of the block and they didn't take kindly to new dog walkers, so I decided to have some fun... the silly me said, I am just tracking this route so I can spread my business cards...

By the time I got home, my two neighbors down the street were at my driveway asking me what was going on. I seem to have hit a sore spot with the dog walkers... Well I promptly came in, sat at my computer and make a few business cards, and some flyer's... This made me laugh for 2 hours... I might or might now circulate them, but it sure was good for my soul...

Labels:


Posted by Jersey Girl 46 :: 6:23 PM :: 2 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------