Monday, August 18, 2008

I made the Chicken in yogurt and panko crumbs

I was going to post a picture, but it wasn't a pleasant sight. I forgot to cover the chicken until over half way through.

So here is what I used and how my recipe went;

I had a big group to feed, ok a few seriously hungry guys and me.

12 chicken legs, 6 chicken thighs.
Plain Yogurt 2.5 cups
an 8 oz box of Panko Bread Crumbs
Garlic
Lemon Juice
Parsley

I first breaded the 6 legs and the 6 thighs and noticed how little I had left in the panko crumbs, so I quickly searched my closet for other bread crumbs and could only find Cheddar Cheese Frenches Onions. I had about a half of can. I quickly crunched up those and began dipping the last 6 legs.

I put the chicken on 2 baking pans and I stuck them in the brand new oven at 375 degrees and baked them just about 55 minutes. I did cover them at the 35 minute mark.

The chicken was so moist and tasty, but personally I liked the cheddar cheese one better. The coating was crispy and it wasn't as sweet. I am going to try this again following the COMPLETE directions. (covering it with foil until the last 15 minutes).

I served this with potato salad, Ceaser salad and corn on the cob.

Labels:


Posted by Jersey Girl 46 :: 7:03 AM :: 2 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------