Monday, March 23, 2009

The Marathon 2009

At www.tamparaces.com you will find a few great races to participate in. I choose the November 22, 2009 race so I will be well prepared and not be rushed or have an excuse for not running in it.

My desire to run the half marathon came from reading another blog listed on my daily reads called "Life in the Boro". I found that a regular guy with a job and family could do this, this could be a sign that I can do this.

Many years I planned to do the Turkey Trot full out. Previous years I would walk in it or do the political thing and ride in it. In 2004 I had planned to do the full race. I was preparing and in July of that year my sister had a massive heart attack. It scared me to pieces. She was refinishing a chair when it happened.

Well through the years I have done many 5ks and thought well one day I will do the Turkey Trot, but over the last few years I have been in Philly so I couldn't do it long distance. This year, I will be in Philly again, so the X Country Marathon at the Alafia River State Park is my target.

I am starting with a conditioning coach and a trainer for this. Not to be confused with a weight trainer. Training does change your lifestyle, but I have already started that and I have a HUGE support system helping me.

Join me on my journey if you want...

Labels:


Posted by Jersey Girl 46 :: 9:02 AM :: 0 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------