Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Michael Jackson RIP

I was born in the sixty's and I am a child of a variety of music. We had all kinds of music at my house. Music was really important. At all our gatherings we would have music playing. Either by record (wow I am old) or by live performances. I listened to the Jackson 5s and Donny & Marie and the David Cassidy, and then the old stuff as I called it. DooWop, Beach music, Motown and country.

During the 80's the dance music was all about funk and Michael Jackson. I can still remember seeing the Male Review with one of the regulars dancing to Beat It.

I was not fond of Michael Jackson's kid fascination, but as an entertainer, he was brilliant. Even watching the snip-its of his new show, it showed he was current with the music and the dancing and the beats. I was really impressed. I am sad that the icon of pop music died. I am sad that he became a weirdo of his environment and that the fame and misfortune really did him in.

I hope his three children grow up normal.

RIP Michael Jackson

Labels:


Posted by Jersey Girl 46 :: 7:22 PM :: 1 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------