Sunday, August 16, 2009

Good Food...


Do you have a favorite place for favorite food? Did you live in an area that was famous for something, then you moved away and crave it?

I was born in Atlantic City and it is famous for Crime, (haha) and Salt Water Taffy, Taylor Pork Roll, Crab Imperial and diners. However, my family is all from Philly and you know what Philly is known for... Cheese Steaks, Arm Pit Pretzels, Scrapple, Amarosa Rolls, Birch Beer, Hoagies, Tasty Cakes, Bryers Ice Cream, Goldberg's Peanut Chews, and Pork Sandwiches.

Well, my trips are based around my tastebuds. This last trip was a dozy. I didn't get my Chickies & Petes Lobster Cheesesteak, but I was able to scarf up the rest of the goodies in Philly... My Aunt laughs at me for my obsession for amazing rolls.

On the plane back I brought 2 Italian Hoagies and 4 rolls from this awesome place I frequented several times during my long trip. It took me 3 days to eat my one hoagie, it took the manperson only one sitting because he was starving and was drooling over the idea of getting it. When he picked me up at the airport, the first thing he asked is where are the hoagies...

As I prepare to go back to the Northeast, Tony Lukes will be first, and then... I am going to my favorite haunts at the shore. I am quite sure I will need to stock up because Hawaii will not have this type of food...

Posted by Jersey Girl 46 :: 11:40 AM :: 1 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------