Friday, July 31, 2009

Working out and banking...

I went to the gym for a workout, showered at the gym (which I detest) and I went to the bank to do some bidness. As I was waiting in line at the bank, I saw a few people from the gym I just left. We nodded appropriately, you know we have to nod because talking would make us almost human, and personal. In keeping with the gym mode, you are never human nor personal. So I did my obligatory nods and I waited for my turn.

The man in front of me had me totally captivated. He was there with his friend and they wanted to transfer money from man #1's account and put it in man #2's account because man #2 bailed him out on some teeth. Seriously I cannot make this up, it's just that real. The nice cashier lady behind the counter restrained from chuckling and said you're a good egg my friend.

As I was motioned to the far window, you could still hear the conversation and everyone else was captivated by the friendship these two guys had. At the end of their transaction, it was determined that they were heading to the meat market to get some chops. I smiled inside and apparently outside too because the gym lady next to me said, well you look happy today...

What just happened ??? She broke the nod rule. I quickly replied, yes I am very happy I am happy to be alive and have the joy of smiling. You could tell she regretted talking to me by the deer in the headlight look and then... out of the blue she said... I am happy too!

Interesting morning...

Posted by Jersey Girl 46 :: 9:33 AM :: 2 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------