Friday, July 24, 2009

The girls were not feeling it at the dog park

I took Ruby & Riley to the dog park. They were not really impressed with the park. They have visited this park a few times and today, no fun. The other dogs that were there were too busy sniffing to play. My girls were trying to be social with everyone, but it seems that Ruby & Riley are a bit too Ivy league. Ruby was sporting her Penn State collar and Riley was in her U of P collar. Since I am an alum, I joined in with a matching shirt and workout pants.

Ruby made her way to a USF'er and they sniffed and each retreated to their respective corners of the play area. Riley a big Bobby Bowden fan, made her way over to the FSUer and they played a bit. Until her daddy decided it was time for extra curricular activity with the cocker's mom on the blanket. The FSUer was all in his face and left Riley standing alone. Riley is convinced it's because her Mom's SAT scores were intimidating.

So we loaded up and headed home. As I drove home, I thought about the exchange at the dog park and decided the girls still were my top priority and I would make sure they had their exercise. So I stopped at the Brandon Parkway and jogged the path.

When we arrived home, the girls licked and snuggled with me. While I showered, they lounged in their spots and when I came out of the shower sweet smelling, I got the approving nod that said, thanks Mom, you were great...

Who needs these big fancy dog parks. My girls and I love the time we spend together.

Labels:


Posted by Jersey Girl 46 :: 10:54 AM :: 0 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------