Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day 2009

Many are out of work and today doesn't seem like a holiday. BBQ's that are customary have slipped by the wayside. The family down the street that always hosts the biggest end of summer party is not at home, as a matter of notice, they don't even live there anymore.

Labor Day to me was a great 4 day weekend that ended out the summer and celebrated the day off for work well done. Today that doesn't mean the same to me.

Many are out of work, or underemployed. Some wondering how will the electric bill get paid, or do I have enough gas to get to work until pay day.

I am what you would call unemployed sort of. As it was my choice, I took a leave of absence and have been fulfilling other desires. Today I wonder about health care and job's that do not offer stability.

I hope this Labor Day you can put away any fears and frustrations and celebrate for yourself.

Life is not easy, it's just a constant!

Posted by Jersey Girl 46 :: 9:24 AM :: 0 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------